Here at Foot & Ankle Experts we focus on finding the right orthotic solution for our patients. Orthotics are used to help with externally altering our neuromuscular and skeletal system.
What kind of orthotics do we make and what are they good for?
Custom feet thermoplastic insoles (Heat moulded)
This orthotic promotes an active windlass mechanism thus allowing functional correction of your subtalar joint. As it is fitted to your active arch, you will not experience any discomfort while wearing this orthotic.
Best suited for mild and functional pes Cavus and pes Planus foot type.
The advantages of the heat moulded insoles are:
- Can be moulded several times (up to 50 times) to customise to your foot.
- More financially affordable than traditional 3D orthotics
- Comes with five different orthotic types to suit your needs (sports, control, slim, diabetic)
- The whole process is done during patients appointment. There is no wait time.
3D custom rigid shell orthotics
This orthotic is prescribed to patients who require more substantial, structural foot support. It can be uncomfortable for people who have never worn orthotics before. In that case, we start with custom feet insole and advance to 3D custom rigid shell orthotics.
Best suited for:
- Patients with foot pathologies with high body mass index
- Moderate to severe Pes planus with accessory navicular
- Lateral/medial ankle instability
- Chronic Peroneal tendonitis/ Plantar fasciitis
- Posterior Tibialis Tendon Dysfunction
- Hypermobile joint syndrome
- Down syndrome (trisomy 21)
- Juvenile pes Planus
- Limb length discrepancy
- Achilles Tendinopathy
3D custom EVA orthotics
This orthotic is prescribed to patients who require cushioned orthotics with medium control. It can last for one to two years as the material wears out quick over multiple uses.
Best Suited for:
- Patients with foot arthritis
- Patients with ankle arthritis
- Patients with knee arthritis
- Diabetic foot