Here at Foot & Ankle Experts we focus on finding the right orthotic solution for our patients. Generally orthotics are used to help with externally altering our neuromuscular and skeletal system.
Custom-made orthotics are used in the treatment of:
- Heel Pain
- Knee Pain
- Flat Foot
- High Arch Pain
- Ankle Pain
- Osteo-Arthritic Foot and Ankle Pain
- Non-surgical treatment of Structural Limb Length Discrepancy
It is highly advised for people who develop problems due to prolonged standing and walking to use orthotics.
Here at Foot & Ankle Experts, we give patients 2 options for Orthotics.
Option 1: 3D scanned Orthotic, an accurate orthotic solution
- Accuracy is 99%
- Scan completion in about 120 seconds
- Simple and non-invasive
- Feet can be analyzed digitally
- Low orthotic weight
Dr Kim will use her 3D foot scanner, and scan the patients foot.
Once the required information for the foot adjustments are made. The 3D script is sent off to the lab.
Option 2: Heat molded Orthotic, a quick and flexible orthotic solution
- Can be moulded several times (up to 50 times) to customise to your foot.
- More financially affordable than traditional 3D orthotics
- Comes with five different orthotic types to suit your needs (sports, control, slim, diabetic)
- The whole process is done during patients appointment. There is no wait time.
5. Leather Premium: suitable for dressing shoes with a premium look and texture.
Dr Kim will decide on the best insole type for the patient, then they will start the heat molding procedure. The molding procedure will be repeated until the patient has the perfect insole. The patient then goes back into the Doctor’s room, and will use the treadmill as the final test to check if the orthotic is perfectly shaped.